My Music Taste

There are so many genres of music in the industry which makes it incredibly hard to pick a favourite but i must say, if I had to pick, i would choose indie-rock or rock. Although this may be, i still love listening to the majority of genres, for example country or classical, and i still have playlists dedicated to these genres. Below are some of my favourite artists and bands and the reasoning behind them being my choice.

The Vaccines
The Vaccines are an English Indie-rock band that were formed in west London in 2010. I found out about them when I had heard their song on the radio, after that I researched and listened to their album. I noticed that they have toured/ played with and opened up for acts such as The Rolling Stones, Arcade Fire, The Stone Roses, Artic Monkeys, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Muse! What I like about them is most of their songs make me want to either sing along or get up and dance- their music inspired by the 50's style rock and roll which just makes me love it more. I think its great how the band bring back old styles and genres of music and add their own twist to it. I'd LOVE to see them live, i've heard the atmosphere is amazing and the crowd really get into the music. Their website is great and instantly advertises their new album and gives information about the songs alongside photographs on the band. It also links to pages where you can see the tour dates, buy tickets and buy merchandise which can be accessed easily through their home page.

I have downloaded and listen to their albums on Spotify and I feel like I can listen to them in whatever mood i'm in. My favourite Albums from the band are Come Of Age (2012) and What Did You Expect From The Vaccines? (2011). My favourite music video from the band is Teenage Icon which i have embedded below. I think the concept of this video is clever and the swap between the men singing and then the females miming it with really clever casting and styling.


Matt Corby


Matt Corby is an Australian Singer-songwriter who is also a guitarist. He has a very acoustic style, which to me highlights his powerful voice and amazing range. I found out about him through my sister about 5 years ago when she showed me a cover he did of "Lonely Boy" by The Black Keys. I then looked on youtube to find over covers and live sessions he had done. His EP's and albums are downloaded on my Spotify and I usually listen to his music when i'm feeling in quite a chilled mood. I think that he's extremely talented and a lot of emotion goes into his singing and music. He has a website that advertises his album and you can access merchandise, news, tour dates and many more features. It gives his social media accounts and has links to the platforms that you can access his music from.

Matt doesn't have many music videos for his music but below is my favourite of the ones he has made:


I love how the video is very minimalist and so pure. I feel like he reinforces the idea of what real music is and how effective it can be. In my opinion, I prefer the live versions of the songs- his voice is so naturally beautiful that it sounds better untouched. Below are a few live videos of his that i absolutely love. These include a live version of "Monday" where he uses a loop pedal to create the music and "Brother" where he sings and plays guitar live for Balcony TV. It would be a dream to see him live but i am yet to as he Australian and doesn't come to the UK often.
Daisy Jelley Daisy Jelley Author

Popular Posts