A review of my favorite film

Gone girl (2014)


My favorite film is gone girl (2014) directed by David Fincher and presented by 20th Century Fox, written by Gillian Flynn, starring Ben Affleck, Rosamund Pike and Niel Patrick Harris. It's an extremely successful mystery film which has been nominated for 1 Oscar with winnings of 64 awards and 169 nominations. It is ranked as number 170 in the top rated movies! The budget of this film is estimated at $61,000,000 making $37,513,109 in the opening weekend. 

My favorite character is probably Amy Dunne, purely on the basis that her acting is absolutely amazing. Rosammund portrays Amy's character in a way which i don't think any other actresses would be able to do as skillfully. She varies her emotions with realistic facial expressions which effects the audience as it may make them feel uncomfortable or make them curious of her capabilities. My favorite scene in the movie is the scene in which she frames and kills Desi; the reason for this is the acting is incredible and the scene looks very realistic. This part of the film was the most unexpected in my opinion therefore really grasps the audience and makes them wonder- what could happen next? 

The reason for me liking the film so much is because the film is different from any other,. I love how there as so many twists within the story line and I love the idea of the unknown and trying to figure it all out in my head as the story continues. I felt I got really involved in the film and emotionally attached.
I absolutely adore the plot! It is written in a really creative way and throughout the whole film, until right at the end, you're left wondering what the outcome will be and everything is so unexpected yet done in such an amazingly cleaver way.
I think it would be hard to create the same effect in another film as I believe plot twists are hard to portray without being confusing- this is what makes the film so good to me as they're done so well.  Although, I can't wait until the "girl on the train" is released! I think it will be another great, written by the same author and will be unique but will include extremely good plot twists likewise to gone girl.

For me, the ending made me feel uncomfortable in a strangely good way. I was so shocked that in the end he had to be forced to let her back into his house to live with her otherwise he may still have been charged or put into prison. Amy's character was so clever and had every single thing planned out so that she was always seen as the victim. This makes the audience question her capabilities and what terror she could cause in the future; this really is a scary thing to think about after all that she has done during the movie. The way they had to portray themselves as a "perfect couple" at the end was so effective because it was the complete opposite to what they were. Its as though he had to put up with Amy to stay out of trouble when really he was more in danger being in a house with her. The whole film was created in a way which didn't lead to any confusions, the story line was so clear as a result to the placement of the scenes and how it was communicated overall. I genuinely think that there are no films like it.

This if the official film trailer and even as an advertisement, you can already tell how amazing the film is!



Daisy Jelley Daisy Jelley Author

Popular Posts